Valley towns brace for music festival traffic
Traffic map and music festival information
INDIO – The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will be held at the Empire Polo Club on April 15, 16 and 17 and April 22, 23 and 24, and Stagecoach: California’s Country Music Festival on April 29, 30 and May 1. thus, local city officials brace for traffic.
For a visual preview, click here.
From Thursday April 14 to Sunday April 17, from Thursday April 21 to Sunday April 24 and from Thursday April 28 to Sunday May 1, the following roads will be the main access routes to the festivals.
Expect a significant traffic impact at the following locations:
- Jefferson Street southbound from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Avenue 48 between Jefferson and Jackson
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- Exit I-10 eastbound at Jefferson
- Exit I-10 eastbound at Monroe
- Exit I-10 eastbound in Washington
Every Friday of the festivals, until every Monday, the following roads will be closed:
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth Street and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
Expect the following delays:
- 50 Avenue between Madison and Monroe Street will experience intermittent closures and delays ahead of festivals. Additionally, full closures will occur Friday through Sunday, April 15 through April 17, April 22 through April 24, and April 29 through May 1. The street will reopen to normal traffic on May 6.
- Each Monday following the festivals, the streets surrounding the festival site and Interstate 10 will be busy with more than 40,000 campers leaving the area.
- Coachella Music Festival: Shutterstock