The Monroe Save our Swifts project is hosted by a whole team of people that have all come together to enjoy, experience, and protect the Vaux’s Swifts as they migrate through Washington State.
Our mission is to protect and preserve the Frank Wagner Elementary School chimney as a critical roosting site for migrating Vaux’s Swifts through education and public celebrations!
Here’s who we are:
- Monroe Swift Watch – a Monroe-based community group dedicated to saving the swifts
- Audubon Society – the 3 Audubon chapters in the area – Pilchuck Audubon, Seattle Audubon and Eastside Audubon
- Vaux’s Happening – Larry Schwitter’s (aka Dr. Swift’s) research project monitoring and studying the Vaux’s Swift migration from Baja California to Alaska (and back again)
- Monroe School District No. 103 – doing a great job running the Frank Wagner Elementary School
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife – ecological information and support for our webcam
- Monroe Digital Copy Center – creators of the Voxy coloring book (in English and Spanish) and many other swift memorabilia
- Monroe Correctional Complex – helping us build our kiosk and other projects
- Wild Birds Unlimited, Monroe, Washington
- Monroe Chamber of Commerce
- Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS)
- Monroe Parks and Recreation Dept.
- Lowe’s Home Improvement Heroes Program – also helping with our kiosk
- Ed Newbold – Wildlife Artist
- Edward Mayer, London Swifts
- And finally – the citizens of the State of Washington – for agreeing to fund the retrofit of the chimney
Also a word of thanks to our supporter and donors! We could not have gotten as far as we have without the generous support of TogetherGreen, a partnership between National Audubon and the Toyota Corporation, as well as the support of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, through an ALEA grant.
Finally, we thank the many individual donors, volunteers, and well-wishers who care about our wonderful little Voxys.
Please help us, too, by making a tax-deductible contribution to the “Pilchuck Audubon – Vaux’s Swift Account”, via our secure online form, or by sending a check to:
Pilchuck Audubon – Vaux’s Swift Account
1429 Avenue D • PMB 198 • Snohomish, WA 98290
For more information on donating, see the Pilchuck Audubon website at: www.pilchuckaudubon,org